Advertisement

No threat to public after Nambour shooting

August 21, 2026 7:38 am in by
(supplied by Qld Police)

There’s no threat to the public after a shooting in Nambour earlier this week, according to police.

Detective Senior Sergeant Robert Lowry said around 11.20pm on Wednesday, a dark coloured vehicle pulled up beside a car that was parked outside a house on Image Flat Road with a 19 year-old woman and a 19 year-old man inside.

Someone inside the dark coloured vehicle fired a gun into the car, hitting the woman in the hand before speeding off.

Article continues after this ad
Advertisement

Detective Sergeant Lowry said the couple drove themselves to hospital and the incident was reported to police.

He said it’s not clear if the offenders and the couple in the car know each other.

The woman has had surgery on her hand.

Police are asking anyone with information to contact them.

Article continues after this ad
Advertisement
Advertisement